Effective Date: Jan,1 2020
When you use the Medium Rare website to register for an event, sign up for alerts or otherwise make a connection with us, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this along with our privacy overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
This policy applies to all Medium Rare users, and to Medium website activities and processes and services, including our websites, apps, features, and other services (“Medium Rare Services” or “Services”) offered by Medium Rare Live, LLC, 447 Broadway, 2nd Floor #278 New York, NY 10013 . Please remember that your use of the Medium Rare Services is also subject to our Terms of Service.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
Questions, comments, and complaints about Medium Rare’s data practices in connection with personal information users provide to Medium Rare can be submitted here email@example.com].
III. Data collections and uses
- The data we collect
When you make use of Medium Rare Services, we collect the information you provide including usage information, and information about your device. We also collect information about you from other sources like third-party services, and optional programs in which you participate, which we may combine with other information we have about you. Here are the types of information we collect about you:
- Data provided by users to Medium Rare, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of Medium Rare services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as Medium Rare partners and third parties that use Medium Rare APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of the Medium Rare:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Medium Rare accounts or notification information, or otherwise take advantage of Medium Rare Services. This may include a user’s name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, images or recordings made during Medium Rare events, birthdate and photo. For more information, please see Section B titled “How we use personal data.”
Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact Medium Rare or communicate with our customer support, provide ratings or compliments or otherwise contact Medium Rare. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
- Data created during use of Medium Rare Services. This includes:
Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so (including GPS and WiFi data). However, this may affect some functionality available in the user’s use of Medium Rare Services.
Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of Medium Rare Services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the Service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our Services. This includes data such as access dates and times, features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Notice.
Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
Communications data: We sometimes may enable users to communicate with each other and Medium Rare through Medium Rare’s websites, applications or other technology. To provide such Services, Medium Rare receives some data regarding calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Medium Rare may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, for analytics and business partnerships.
- Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- Medium Rare users who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Medium Rare for Business accounts.
- If you use Medium Rare through your employer or other organization that participates in our enterprise programs, we will collect information about you from those parties, such as your name and contact information.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Medium Rare business partners through which users create or access Medium Rare Services, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use Medium Rare’s APIs or whose APIs Medium Rare uses.
- Vendors who help us verify users’ identity for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Third-party service providers and business partners.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers, including online advertising or marketing providers.
- Medium Rare may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
- How we use personal data
Medium Rare collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient Services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
- Shared with third parties for their direct marketing, without users’ consent.
Medium Rare uses the data it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features. Medium Rare uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services. This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ subscriptions to notifications and alerts or as otherwise provided by users in connection with Medium Rare Services.
- Enable Medium Rare Services.
- Offer, process or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track and share the progress of rides or deliveries.
- Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when a user refers a friend to Medium Rare.
- Enable features to personalize users’ use Medium Rare’s websites or applications, such as creating bookmarks for favorite events and to enable quick access to previous events.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our Services.
- Find and prevent fraud.
- Block and remove unsafe or fraudulent users from Medium Rare.
- Exchange as agreed with business partners and third-party service providers.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Customer support. Medium Rare uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person.
- Provide you support or respond to you.
- Investigate and address user concerns.
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
- Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Marketing. Medium Rare may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Medium Rare’s Services, contests, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, events and other promotions.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by Medium Rare business partners. We may also provide and/or sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, business partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, without the consent of those users, subject to user opt out.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of Medium Rare Services, and user preferences and settings.
- Non-marketing communications. Medium Rare may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing Medium Rare Services, or its business partners.
- Responding to legal proceedings and requirements. Sometimes the law, government entities or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such circumstance, we may use your personal information to respond to those demands or obligations. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Medium Rare Services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law or as required in litigation.
- Cookies and third-party technologies
We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics tools like Google Analytics, SDKs, and other third party technologies to understand how you navigate through the Medium Rare website and applications, and interact with Medium Rare advertisements, to make your Medium Rare Service experience safer, to learn what content is popular, to improve your site experience, to serve you better ads on other sites, and to save your preferences.
- Data sharing and disclosure
To make Medium Rare Services work, we may need to share your personal information with other users, third parties, business partners and service providers or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes. This section explains when and why we share your information. Medium Rare may share the data we collect:
- At the user’s request. This includes sharing data with:
- Other people at the user’s request. For example, a user may request that they be enabled with a means to share event information with a friend, in which case we may share information about a user’s event attendance.
- Medium Rare’s business partners. For example, if a user is provided a means to share information about events with a friend, Medium Rare may share certain data with those third parties. This data may include other services’ platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or other Medium Rare business partners in connection with marketing, promotions, contests, or specialized services.
- With Medium Rare subsidiaries and affiliates. We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
- With Medium Rare service providers and business partners. Medium Rare App provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators
- Background check and identity verification providers (drivers and delivery partners only)
- Cloud storage providers
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
- Data analytics providers
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Medium Rare or on Medium Rare’s behalf
- Vendors that assist Medium Rare App to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- Event partners
- Insurance and financing partners
- Vehicle solution vendors or third-party vehicle suppliers
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute. Medium Rare may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports and airlines, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements or other policies; to protect Medium Rare’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our Services; or to respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, demand for discovery in litigation, summons or court order). If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With consent. Medium Rare may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
- Data retention and deletion.
Medium Rare retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their Medium Rare subscription or account.
Medium Rare may retain certain user data after receiving a subscription or account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
Medium Rare retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their Medium Rare subscription or account.
Users may request deletion of their account at any time via e-mail at . Following such requests, Medium Rare deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation or other legal requirements. While Medium Rare retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, marketing and research and development. In certain circumstances, Medium Rare may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Medium Rare will delete the account as described above.
Medium Rare may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention. For example, if Medium Rare deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Medium Rare may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Medium Rare account in the future.
- Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Medium Rare by e-mailing Medium Rare at . Users may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Medium Rare by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. We may still send messages to users who have opted out non-promotional communications in circumstances such as receipts for an event or information about the event.
- User data requests
Medium Rare provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Medium Rare’s handling of their data. To make a request, please go here [ADD EMAIL LINK].
- Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
- Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that Medium Rare collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
- Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in Medium Rare website or application. They may also ask that Medium Rare change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time by e-mailing Medium Rare at .
- Objections, restrictions and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. Medium Rare may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
- California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below. To exercise these rights, see the “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights” section.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Website: You may visit our privacy homepage to authenticate and exercise rights via our website.
Email: You may e-mail Medium Rare at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise rights. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number associated with your use of the Medium Rare Services, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
Response Timing and Format. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
- Children’s Data
Medium Rare and Medium Rare Services are not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us.
- Links to Third Party Websites
Medium Rare may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for those websites, and we recommend that you review their policies. Please contact those websites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
We may update this policy from time to time as Medium Rare and Medium Rare Services change and privacy law evolves. If we update it, we will do so online and if we make material changes, we will let you know. When you use Medium Rare, or Medium Rare Services, you are agreeing to the most recent terms of this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, including if you need to access this policy in an alternative format, we encourage you to contact us.